You can gather contact information from each chat by connecting your HubSpot account with LiveChat through Zapier. You can use the stored contact data to reach out to potential customers after a chat with a follow-up.
To connect HubSpot wiht LiveChat through Zapier, follow these steps:
- Log in to Zapier and click on the Make a Zap! button.
- Type in LiveChat in the search bar and select it from the list.
- Select Finished Chat as the Trigger Event and click on Continue.
- Click on Sign in to LiveChat. In a new window, enter your email (the one you use to log in to LiveChat) and your Personal Access Token (get yours in LiveChat Developers Console).
- Choose a Livechat account and click on Continue.
- Click on Test & Continue to test the connection.
- Now, type in Hubspot in the search bar and select it from the list.
- Select Create or Update Contact as the Action Event and click on Continue.
- Click on Sign in to Hubspot. Log in to your account, and authorize Zapier to access your HubSpot account.
- Once your account is connected, click on Continue.
- Next, you will need to choose which contact information will be passed from LiveChat to HubSpot. Click on the Insert LiveChat Fields button in the Email field and select Visitor email. Even though only the email address is required, you can pass other information like visitor name or chat transcript.
- When you are done, click on the Continue button.
- Next, click on Test & Continue to test the connection.
- When the test is done, click on the Finish editing button.
- Finalize the setup by naming the Zap and turning it on. To turn on the zap, flip on the toggle in the top right corner.
From now on, visitors’ contact information will be sent to your HubSpot account after each finished chat. You can filter these results to a specific set of chats/customers by using the aforementioned filtering options.