In this tutorial you’ll find instructions on how to create a Zap adding a LiveChat contact to items in your Podio after the chat starts.
Creating the Podio – LiveChat Zap
Creating a Zap consist of three main parts:
Setting up LiveChat trigger
- Log in to Zapier and click on Make a Zap in the upper menu.
- Choose LiveChat as the Trigger App.
- Select New Chat as the Trigger.
- Click on Save + Continue to proceed.
- Click on Connect a New Account and then provide your LiveChat login email and the API key. Next, click on the Yes, continue to accept.
- You can rename the account and then click on Save + Continue.
- Select Fetch & Continue to test this step and make sure it is working properly.
Configuring the action in Podio
- Choose Podio as Action App.
- Then choose Create item as the action and confirm by clicking on Continue.
- Grant Zapier the access to your Podio in the pop-up window and confirm.
- Select your Podio account and confirm the choice by clicking on Save + Continue.
- Next, set up which data will be passed to Podio.
- After you finish, click on Continue button down the page to proceed.
- Zapier will ask you to test new Zap. Follow the instructions to make sure your Zap is working correctly.
- Then click on the Finish button.
Launching the Zap
- Turn the Zap on by clicking on the grey switch and start passing information from LiveChat to Podio.
Well done! You have just linked your LiveChat with Podio through Zapier. At the beginning of each chat, it will save the info about your visitor and add it to your projects in Podio.