If you manage your projects through Todoist and use LiveChat on your page this integration is fit for you – you can join those two apps via Zapier. Every time your chat visitors give you inspirational ideas, have queries about their purchases (on which you need to check later) or report errors via LiveChat you can add a tag to such chats and pass them as tasks to Todoist.
Here’s a tutorial with instructions on how to create a Zap that will create a task in your Todoist after a ‘note’ tag is added to a chat.
Creating a Zap consists of four main parts:
- Setting up the trigger
- Adding a filter
- Configuring the action
- Launching the Zap
The first step to set up this integration is to determine a condition that will trigger an action in your Todoist account.
In this integration Chat changed trigger will be used.
- Log in to Zapier and click on Make a Zap in the upper menu.
- Choose LiveChat as the Trigger App.
- Select Chat changed as the Trigger.
- Click on Save + Continue to proceed.
- Select Connect a New Account and then provide your LiveChat login email and the API key. Next, click on Yes, continue to accept.
- You can rename your account. Then confirm your choice by clicking on Save + Continue.
- Select Fetch & Continue to test this step and make sure it is working properly.
The second step is adding a filter that will only pass the chats with a ‘note’ tag further.
- Go to the filter section in Zapier and choose the tag of the chats that you want to pass to Todoist.
- Then confirm by clicking Continue button.
High time to configure what will happen in Todoist after the tag is added to a chat.
- Choose Todoist as Action App.
- Then choose Create Task as the action and confirm by clicking on Continue.
- Select your Todoist account and Continue.
- Authorize Zapier to access your Todoist by clicking Agree in the pop-up window.
- Next, decide which data will be passed in your Task.
- After you finish, click on Continue button down the page to proceed.
- Zapier will ask you to test the Zap. Follow the instructions to make sure your Zap is working correctly.
- Next, click on the Finish button.
All tested? Launching time!
- Turn the Zap on by clicking on the grey switch and start passing information from LiveChat to Todoist.
High fives! You have just linked your LiveChat with Todoist through Zapier. From now on, transcript of each chat with a ‘note’ tag will be passed as a new task.