Using Basecamp to manage your to-dos? Now you can create a to-do which will consist of transcripts of chats that need to be followed up later.
You can use it for campaign-planning as well!
In this tutorial you’ll find instructions on how to create a Zap adding a LiveChat contact along with chat transcript to your to-do list in Basecamp after the chat is finished.
Creating this Zap consists of three main parts:
- Setting up the trigger
- choosing an event that will start data passing
- Configuring the action
- setting up what will happen in the target app
- Launching the Zap
- turning the integration on
The first step to set up this integration is to determine a condition that will trigger an action in your target app.
- Log in to Zapier and click on Make a Zap in the upper menu.
- Choose LiveChat as the Trigger App.
- Select Finished Chat as the Trigger.
- Click on Save + Continue to proceed.
- Click on Connect a New Account and then provide your LiveChat login email and the API key. Next, click on the Yes, confirm to accept.
- You can rename the account and then click on Save + Continue.
- Select Fetch & Continue to test this step and make sure it is working properly.
Now’s the right time to configure what will happen in your target app after the the chat is finished.
- Choose Basecamp as Action App.
- Then choose Create Todo as the action and confirm by clicking on Continue.
- Connect your Basecamp account by providing your login email and password and click Sing in button.
- Grant Zapier the access to your Basecamp in the pop-up window.
- Select your Basecamp account and confirm the choice by clicking on Save + Continue.
- Next, set up which data will be passed to Basecamp.
- After you finish, click on Continue button down the page to proceed.
- Zapier will ask you to test new Zap. Follow the instructions to make sure your Zap is working correctly.
- Next click on the Finish button.
You’re good to go! Let’s turn this integration on then.
- Turn the Zap on by clicking on the grey switch and start passing information from LiveChat to Benchmark.
Well done! You have just linked your LiveChat with Basecamp through Zapier. At the end of each chat, it will add the info about your visitor and the chat transcript to your Basecamp to-do list.