This tutorial will tell you how to:
- Create Leads and Contacts from chats, chat archives and the Visitors section of your LiveChat
- Search Salesforce Leads and Contacts directly from LiveChat
- Update Lead and Contact information directly within LiveChat
- Pass chat transcripts either as Cases or any other Object that you have created in your Salesforce account
Adding new Leads or Contacts is simple and the process looks the same for both. All you have to do is follow these steps.
- Choose a chat from which you would like to add a new Lead or a Contact.
- Or choose a chat transcript from the Archives section of your LiveChat.
- You can also choose a visitor directly from the Traffic section of your LiveChat.
- Next, click on the Salesforce button in the top right corner of your LiveChat dashboard and click on Add New Lead or Add New Contact button.
- You will see a form where you can fill out the customer’s data to pass to Salesforce.
- Confirm adding a Lead or a Contact by clicking on the green button at the bottom of the form.
Follow the steps below to edit the existing Leads and Contacts directly within your LiveChat dashboard.
- To do that, choose an existing Lead or Contact and click on the Edit details button.
- Update information in the table and confirm changes by clicking on the Save button.
Using the Salesforce plugin, you can search for existing records in your Salesforce account - Leads and Contacts.
- To do that, click on the Salesforce button and hit the Magnifier icon. Then, provide the email address that you are looking for.
If the Lead or Contact already exists in your database, detailed information will be loaded in the panel.
Saving transcript is even easier then adding the Salesforce integration itself. Transcripts can be added directly from Chats or from your Archives.
- To do that, click on a Chat or select a Transcript from the Archives section of the app and click on the Save transcript button.
The transcript will be forwarded to your Salesforce immediately, right after clicking on the Save transcript button. If your chat is not yet finished and you have saved the incompleted transcript, fear not!
To update your transcript in Salesforce so that it will include the latest messages sent by you and/or your visitor, simply click on the Click here, available after sending the transcript to Salesforce.
Done! Now you know what possibilities does the Salesforce integration has to offer! Hopefully you have found this article helpful but if you have any additional questions, feel free to start a chat with us - we are available 24/7/365!
Also, don’t forget to check out other articles regarding Salesforce: