Showing top 0 results 0 results found
Showing top 0 results 0 results found
In sales, most people fail because they give up too quickly. Some people get discouraged by denials. Others lack the discipline to make follow–up calls. As a result, almost half of all salespeople quit after the first call. This is way too soon.
Studies reveal that only 2% of sales occur when two parties meet for the first time. Moreover, 80 percent of sales are made after the fifth sales call, which means that the competition is lower after a few calls. This shows that confidence, enthusiasm, and persistence pay off.
So it’s worth overcoming whatever excuse you might have today for quitting.
I hope the motivational sales quotes in this article will inspire you to continue, work on your sales strategy, and even finish with a successful enterprise pitch.
Sales reps need a lot of motivation
Motivational sales quotes can be precious for sales professionals and teams in various ways. These quotes are not just inspirational words; they carry insightful wisdom and experience that can address common challenges and provide fresh perspectives on sales.
Here's how sales quotes can help sales professionals, especially when dealing with motivation after lost deals:
Motivation and inspiration
Sales professionals often face rejection and setbacks. Motivational sales quotes offer inspiration, helping salespeople stay focused, energized, and optimistic despite challenges.
New sales ideas
Sales quotes often encapsulate creative and innovative approaches to selling. By reflecting on these ideas, sales professionals can gain fresh insights into their strategies, helping them adapt to changing market dynamics and customer preferences.
Handling customer complaints
Sales quotes emphasizing customer satisfaction and effective communication can guide salespeople in addressing customer complaints. Such quotes may remind them to listen actively, empathize, and find solutions that meet customers' needs.
Quotes highlighting the significance of teamwork and collaboration can foster a positive and cooperative sales team environment. These quotes encourage team members to support and learn from each other, leading to enhanced performance.
Quotes that suggest alternative viewpoints or strategies can help sales professionals overcome common challenges. Whether addressing objections or navigating tough negotiations, quotes provide fresh perspectives and remind sales reps that successful people never give up.
Some sales quotes stress the value of effective communication. These quotes can remind salespeople to "quit talking" and “start listening”, allowing them to understand customer needs better and tailor their pitch accordingly.
Motivational sales quotes can be a powerful way to inspire sales teams and individuals to achieve quality performance.
Here are a few quotes that will help you keep a positive attitude during the sales process and make a sale:
Motivational sales quotes
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
- "The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph." - George Washington
- "Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." - Sam Levenson
- "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." - Vince Lombardi
- "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs
- "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
- "Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
- "Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect." - W. Clement Stone
- "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Mark Twain
- "I never dreamed about success; I worked for it." - Estée Lauder
- "Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, 'Make me feel important.' Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life." - Mary Kay Ash
- "The harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you achieve it." - Unknown
- "Sales success comes after you stretch yourself past your limits on a daily basis." - Omar Periu
- "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
- "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Confidence and enthusiasm are the greatest sales producers in any kind of economy.” – O. B. Smith
- "Sales is not about selling anymore, but about building trust and educating." - Siva Devaki
- "Selling is not about convincing, it's about helping." - Anonymous
- "The best salespeople are the ones who put themselves in their customers' shoes." - Anonymous
- "Sales is not a one-time event. It's a relationship." - Unknown
- "Most people think 'selling' is the same as 'talking'. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job." - Roy Bartell
- "Success in sales is the result of discipline, dedication, and sacrifice." - Thomas Roy Cromwell
- "In sales, it's not about what you say; it's about what the customer believes." - Seth Godin
- "The golden rule for every business is this: Put yourself in your customer's place." - Orison Swett Marden
- "Sales success is 80% attitude and only 20% aptitude." - Brian Tracy
- "Great salespeople are relationship builders who provide value and help their customers win." - Jeffrey Gitomer
- "Salespeople sell more when they stop selling and start building relationships." - Robert Terson
Zig Ziglar motivational sales quotes
Zig Ziglar was a renowned motivational speaker and author known for his inspiring quotes, especially in sales and personal development. Many sales reps look up to him for his positive and practical approach to success, his focus on character development, and his ability to motivate individuals to achieve their goals.
Here are some motivational sales quotes from Zig Ziglar:
- "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."
- "Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust."
- "People don't buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons."
- "Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude."
- "You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
- "Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days."
- "If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
- "You are the only person on Earth who can use your ability."
- "Remember that failure is an event, not a person."
- "A goal properly set is halfway reached."
- "You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win."
Inspirational sales quotes
Incorporating relevant sales quotes into training sessions, team meetings, or even daily communications can create a positive impact. Quotes and sayings can act as reminders of valuable lessons, encourage a growth mindset, and serve as conversation starters.
Here are a few inspirational quotes that can also serve as a great exercise during sales training:
- “Too often, sales reps simply regurgitate their presentations and expect to land the sale. It doesn’t work.” - Harvey Mackay
- “In the South, we tell stories. We tell stories if you’re in a sales position, if you’re in a retail position, you lure your customer by telling a story. You just do.” – Tate Taylor
- "The key to mastering any kind of sales is switching statements about you and your product—how great you are, and what you do—into statements about [the customer] and what [they] get." - Jeffrey Gitomer
Funny motivational sales quotes
What better way to brighten your day than with a bit of humor? Some sales quotes I provided in this section are a playful combination of general sales-related concepts and humorous twists. As such, some are not attributed to specific authors but instead created in a lighthearted manner.
They can make a good "funny sales quote of the day" list. To kick start the day.
- "The only thing standing between you and your goal is the story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it—and a lack of sales, of course." - Jordan Belfort
- "In sales, as in comedy, timing is everything. Unfortunately, my sales pitch has the timing of a dad joke at a funeral."
- "I'm not arguing; I'm just explaining why I'm right—and why you should buy this product."
- "Salespeople and seagulls have much in common: both love shiny objects and have no problem swooping in from nowhere."
- "If you don't succeed at first, try doing what your sales trainer told you to do in the first place."
- "My job in sales would be a lot easier if everyone I talked to had a 'Buy Now' button on their forehead."
- "I'm not saying I'm a great salesperson, but I could sell a space heater to someone living in the sun."
- "Sales tip: If you ever feel down, just remember that somewhere out there, a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesperson is having a worse day than you."
- "My sales technique is simple: I treat every pitch like I'm trying to convince a toddler to eat vegetables."
- "The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time." - Joe Girard
- "The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces." - Will Rogers
- "If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will." - Bob Hooey
- "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison
- "In sales, a referral is the key to the door of resistance." - Bo Bennett
- "I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacations with better care than they plan their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change." - Jim Rohn
- "The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one." - Mark Twain
- "You can't sell anything if you can't tell anything." - Beth Comstock
- "The best salespeople are the ones who put themselves in their customer's shoes and bring some comfortable slippers." - Anonymous
if humor is your thing, check out these funny sales memes.
End-of-the-month sales quotes
The end of the month - the time when salespeople are pushing to hit the goals they set at the beginning of the month. This might be a nerve-racking moment for many.
These lighthearted quotes can bring a smile to the faces of sales professionals and add a touch of humor to the challenges and excitement of reaching sales targets:
- "At the end of the month, salespeople turn into sprinters, trying to break their personal best records."
- "The end of the month: where salespeople's coffee consumption reaches its peak."
- "When it's the end of the month, salespeople transform into the ultimate negotiators—convincing their alarm clocks to give them just five more minutes."
- "The end of the month: the time when salespeople's email signatures become longer than their actual emails."
- At the end of the month, salespeople are like swimmers on the last lap: arms flailing, determination in their eyes, and a bit out of breath."
The best sales quotes from the movies
Movies often provide valuable insights into sales and have a great power to motivate us. Even if they're not excessively focused on sales, they convey essential themes of determination, resilience, and achieving success—applicable concepts in the sales world.
Here's what we can learn from movies about sales:
- "Put that coffee down. Coffee's for closers only." - Blake (Glengarry Glen Ross, 1992)
- "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist." - Verbal Kint (The Usual Suspects, 1995)
- "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." - Vito Corleone (The Godfather, 1972)
- "The only thing standing between you and your goal is the story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it." - Jordan Belfort (The Wolf of Wall Street, 2023)
- "I've been a salesman forever. I can sell anything, to anyone, at any time." - Jordan Belfort (The Wolf of Wall Street, 2023)
- It's okay to fail; it's not okay to quit.” Chris Gardner (The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006)
- "I have no strategy. I'm like the cooling system on the spaceship. You just open the door and see what happens." - Andy Bernard (The Office, 2005-2013)
The importance of storytelling in sales
A lot of motivational quotes mention the art of storytelling. Stories engage emotions, make information memorable, and put ideas into relatable contexts. Salespeople build trust, simplify complex concepts, and differentiate their offerings by sharing stories that resonate with customers' challenges and aspirations. Stories also address objections and guide customers toward making decisions.
Most customers don’t understand half of your features. What better way to do it if not through a compelling story? You can tell a prospect how your customer uses your product, how their business was before, and how your product helped him. You can put into words how some features apply to well-known situations.
I like comparing LiveChat’s Chat rating feature to The X Factor TV series. Customers are The X Factor judges. They can give thumbs up or thumbs down after a chat. It’s like judging a performance - in this case, it's a conversation with an agent. Hopefully, it's as good as this performance.
Good motivation for sales success
A positive attitude, enthusiasm, and persistence are the components of success in sales. It's good to remember that when people decline, it often means they haven’t agreed yet. Sometimes they need to say “no” a few times before they say “yes”. Think about it next time you want to quit, and read some motivational sales quotes to help you get back on track. Good luck!