Showing top 0 results 0 results found
Showing top 0 results 0 results found
Finding out what people are looking for, what issues they need to solve, and creating content to help them accordingly. If you’re in marketing, you know all about this process. You probably also use a lot of tools that help you with that. Ahrefs might - and should - be one of them.
But it’s not the tool you’ll learn about from our upcoming episode of Incoming Chat. It’s everything that contributed to Ahref’s spectacular growth and made it the top industry brand it is today.
Ahrefs is a perfect example of a brand that knows how to use consistency, the right strategy, and thoughtful marketing to build a huge audience. How big exactly? 1.5M monthly organic traffic on the company blog, and still growing. They have tons of fans of their tool, and on top of that, they built a successful YouTube channel with more than 200k subscribers. They have it all. And Ahref’s CMO, Tim Soulo, was kind enough to share a slice of his knowledge on our podcast.
Incoming Chat with Tim Soulo: All things related to marketing
In the upcoming episode of Incoming Chat, coming up this Thursday (Mar. 4), Marcos and Tim will discuss:
- What’s the best thing you can do if you want to become a great digital marketer? Hint: It’s related to sales.
- The importance of understanding the value of marketing and coming up with a strategy from the very beginning.
Back in 2015, when I started, we had a product quality that was 5 out of 5. And marketing that was 2 out of 5 or even 1 out of 5. Customers were recommending a product and it was selling itself, but the marketing wasn’t there. It was my assignment to change that and do marketing that is 5 out of 5.Tim Soulo
- Finding the right voice for the company. How Tim and Dmitry (CEO at Ahrefs) were able to add fun to their product, even though it might seem impossible to do with a technical product.
Don’t be afraid to be authentic. Some people will be judgmental, but if it’s you, it makes things easier. Don’t pretend to be someone else. You will attract people.Tim Soulo
- The importance of having a persona representing a company.
Usually, it should be a founder. People like to follow people rather than brands. Elon Musk is the best perfect example, how almost the entire marketing of a company can be handled by just one person.Tim Soulo
- How Tim deals with the challenges of being one of the spokespeople for the company, and what advice Gary Vee gave him when it comes to his strong accent.
Even I struggle in some ways when I represent Ahrefs. For example, I can’t necessarily speak for Dmitri (CEO) when answering some questions, so it’s hard for me to take the toll. But it still works for us.Tim Soulo
- How they were able to grow Ahref’s YT channel to 200,000 subscribers. And the main question every creator should ask themselves before releasing content: “Is it helpful?”
A lot of our videos that are keyword specific and target specific queries on YT are generating a consistent amount of views and new subscribers. It’s important to cover topics that are evergreen - that people are searching for them consistently and be there for them.Tim Soulo
- Tim answers a question that many brands ask themselves: should marketing entertain people?
He shares a nice story of how he prepared a blogging course and how he stood out from the competition, even though the course was available for free.
- A content strategy for converting customers. It turns out Ahrefs doesn’t have different content for specific types of customers. They believe all the segments of people who could be potential customers need the same kind of content. All they need to do is solve their problem.
This brings us to the last but crucial case.
- The biggest mistake people make when it comes to creating content. I will give you some time to think about it, and the answer will wait for you at the end of the upcoming episode.
Join us March 4, at 4 pm CET, on YouTube!
Don’t want to miss out? Set up a reminder!
Go to this YouTube video, and click on “Set a reminder.”
See you there!